How Much Can a Ram 1500 Tow?
How much can a Ram 1500 tow? When the Ram 1500 is properly equipped, the light-duty configuration has a max towing capacity of 12,750 pounds. This has helped the iconic truck earn the Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing capacity designation. All-new for the 2019 model year, the Ram 1500 builds upon the success of the 2018 Ram 1500, providing improved fuel-economy for Corpus Christi drives. Learn more about the new Ram 1500 towing capacity and other specs below!
Ram 1500 Towing Capacities by Engine
When you select the new Ram 1500, you have three different engine options to choose from. Each engine brings its own unique performance capabilities to the table and is paired with a standard Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission. Let’s take a quick peek at their specs:
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with eTorque—produces 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque. Towing capability maxes out at 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine—produces up to 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® Engine with eTorque—produces the same figures shown above, but boosts towing to 12,750 pounds.
You can load up the truck bed with plenty, too! Payload capacity ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds, depending on the engine.
Features to Make Towing a Breeze
The Ram 1500 configurations ensure there’s something for everyone, including those who need great towing features. This light-duty pickup offers some of the best features in its class to help you tow a camper or equipment through Corpus Christi with ease. Here are just a few of its helpful amenities:
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: The Ram 1500 features 14.9-inch brakes for greater stopping power on Kingsville and Port Lavaca roads.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This available system watches your blind zones, and automatically accounts for trailer length.
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: This transmission works in tandem with the eTorque mild hybrid system to help the Ram 1500 earn up to 17 mpg city/23 mpg highway.
Test Drive the 2019 Ram 1500 at Allen Samuels CDJR Aransas Pass!
If you would like to explore the 2019 Ram 1500 even further, contact us or visit the dealership today. Deciding whether to lease or buy? Our sales and finance team will help you find the perfect car or truck that fits your budget, and estimate the most accurate monthly payments to help you plan your purchase in advance.
Contact us to learn more or to schedule your test drive today.
More About the Ram 1500
How much can a Ram 1500 tow? When the Ram 1500 is properly equipped, the light-duty configuration has a max towing capacity of 12,750 pounds. This has helped the iconic truck earn the Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing capacity designation. All-new for the 2019 model year, the Ram 1500 builds upon the success of the 2018…
At Allen Samuels CDJR Aransas Pass, we’ve heard a lot of talk about the 2019 Ram 1500 exterior. Whether you’ve got a preference for the All New model of the Classic, it’s tough to argue with the capability beneath the style. Take a closer look at the Ram 1500 dimensions and features below, and then stop by the dealership…
Aransas Pass drivers excited for a new truck should start and end their search with Ram — the 2019 Ram 1500 configurations have a model that’s right for nearly anyone. From Corpus Christi to Kingsville, whether you need a capable work truck or an occasional tower, the Ram 1500 trim levels have something for you. View Inventory…